WHAT HAPPENS AND WHEN
|Dee Why to Newport Beach||Approx. 13k||8.00am|
|Warriewood rat park to Newport Beach||Approx. 6k||9.00am|
|Mona Vale Beach to Newport Beach||Approx. 3k||9.30am|
*Start will be in waves according to colour of start group registration
Beach2Beach fun run pricing?
|Event||Adult||Junior (10-17)||Kids (9 and under)|
|13k||$65 ($55 early bird)||$50 ($40 early bird)||$50 ($40 early bird)|
|6k||$55 ($45 early bird)||$30 ($25 early bird)||$20 ($15 early bird)|
|3k||$50 (40 early bird)||$25 (20 early bird)||$15 (10 early bird)|
*From 11 August 2024 an additional late entry fee of $10 pp will apply
REGISTRATION (REGISTER WITH CONFIDENCE)
Can I enter on the day?
We prefer that you register before the actual race day. You can enter on the day, but an extra late entry $10 fee will apply.
On-the-spot entries for any of the 3 courses will also be available on Saturday 24 August 2024 (11am – 3pm) at the Harbord Diggers in Freshwater. Your bib will be available for pick-up right then.
Online entries will remain open until the last evening before the race, with Race Kit pick-up available at the start.
Can I enter multiple people during the registration process?
Yes, after you registerd yourself and enter all your details, click ‘Add Another Registrant’. You can now commence the registration for additional entrant(s). Please note that all registrations will be paid for in one transaction.
Is there a family package available?
We do not have a family package available. However we do offer very reasonable kids pricing.
Can I change my Start Group?
Please select your Start Group carefully, as once registration is complete, the relevant colour and Start Group cannot be changed. Please also note Start Group capacities are subject to availability and may sell out due to limited capacity.
Can I cancel or transfer my registration?
Sorry no refunds or transfers, as this is a charity event serving the local community. Please understand that once an entry has been accepted, we are not in a position to provide a refund in case you choose to withdraw from the event or otherwise are unable to attend.
Credit: In some circumstances if you can’t make the event date due to a medical situation, you can apply to use your entry fee as a credit for to the following year. To be able to receive a credit we will ask you for a letter from a medical institution.
What happens if the race is postponed, due to unforeseen circumstances?
If the event is postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, an alternate date will be advised, and the registration fee will be held as credit for that event.
How do I register or join a team?
To register or join your team first select the distance, fill in your details, answer a few questions and near the end of the page (before selecting postage and purchasing your raffle tickets) select join or register a team. Select the type of team (info below) and either join a team if the team exists or create a new team. Adding a code when setting up a team is optional and if left blank there will be no code to join the team.
Share the team name (and code if required) with your family, friends, gym, office etc and challenge everyone to join!
I’ve already entered, can I still join a team
If you have already registered and wish to join a team, go to the Race Roster dashboard with your personal login (follow the link in the confirmation email, or sign into Race Roster and select “join a team”.
Managing a Team
Once you’ve created your Team, you can go back at any time to add more members to your Team, contact Team members, organise the delivery of Race Bibs, etc. As Team Manager, you manage your Team using your personal login.
Adding Members to your Team
As a team leader, you can add members to your team yourself, but you will need their complete registration profile (i.e. contact details, date of birth, emergency contact info., choice of course option -13km, 6km or 3km) and you’ll need to pay for their registration…. OR you can invite friends and family to join your team themselves. In that case, send them your team link or just let them know your team name so they can search for it when they register, enabling them to join your team.
Each team member can individually choose whichever course distance they wish to enter – 13km, 6km or 3km.
When will Race Bibs be posted?
Your Race Bib will be sent to you after 14th August.
Please note, this option is available for participants who registered on or before midnight on 11th August 2022. Participants who registered after this date will need to collect their race bib from Race Pack Pick-up.
Where and when is race pack collection?
Race pack collection is at the Harbord Diggers 88 Evans St, Freshwater on Saturday 24 August 2024. (11am – 3pm). On the spot registration is also available on that day.
I lost my race bib!
If you no longer have you race bib, you can pick up a new race bib at the Harbord Diggers 88 Evans St, Freshwater on Saturday 24 August 2024. (11am – 3pm) or email Belinda on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in my race pack?
Your Race Pack will contain your race bib with a disposable timing tag attached. Please ensure you have this pinned to the front of your shirt prior to starting the run on Race Day.
ROAD CLOSURES, PARKING AND PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Will there be any road closures and parking impacts?
Thousands of Beach2Beach participants will be running or walking by Dee Why, Collaroy, Narrabeen, Warriewood, Mona Vale and Newport. If you plan on driving through these areas on event day, allow for extra travel time as there will be some delays while road and lane closures are in place for the safety of the participants. The maps below show the changes on the day.
- Road Closure Map – Dee Why to Narrabeen: https://beach2beach.com.au/wp-content/uploads/B2B_Road_Closures_Clearways_Map_1-Dee_Why_to_Narrabeen.pdf
- Road Closure Map – Narrabeen to Newport: https://beach2beach.com.au/wp-content/uploads/B2B_Road_Closures_Clearways_Map_2-Narrabeen_to_Newport.pdf
Live Traffic Entry
The live traffic entry is published here: https://www.livetraffic.com/incident-details/166223
Within this, you will find
- Speed Limit Reductions
- Road Closure details, including maps
- Lane Closures
- Special Event Clearways
Details can be viewed on our event page here: https://transportnsw.info/events/2023/08/beach2beach
- To get to the 13km start line at Dee Why Beach, catch the B-Line to Dee Why. The start line at The Strand, Dee Why Beach is a 15-minute walk via Howard Ave. Alternatively, bus route 166 makes stops on Howard Ave.
- To get to the 6km start line at Warriewood, catch the B-Line to Warriewood. The start line at Rat Park is behind the parking station adjacent to Walsh St. Alternatively, route 199 bus services make stops on Pittwater Rd.
- To get to the 3km start line at Mona Vale, catch the B-Line to Mona Vale. The start line at Apex Park is a 10-minute walk via Barrenjoey Rd and Seabach Ave. Alternatively, catch a route 199 bus service that stops on Barrenjoey Rd at Darley St.
- From the finish festival at Newport Beach, catch the free Beach2Beach shuttle bus that will run approx.. every 30-minutes between 9:30am to 11am to the Mona Vale B-Line stop. From there you can connect with frequent B-Line services or other regular route buses on Pittwater Rd.
- Alternatively, catch route 199 buses from Barrenjoey Rd for services towards Manly via Mona Vale and Dee Why.
Leaving the finish
(1) When you arrive at Newport Beach, walk north to the bus stop (Newport Surf Club, Neptune Rd) for a ride back to your car. The 199 bus runs every 15 minutes and the L90 bus runs once every hour.
(2) There will also be a Beach2Beach-provided FREE Shuttle Bus to Mona Vale B-Line bus stop, from 10am to 12pm (approx. every 20 mins.). Please bring your Opal card to take the B-Line bus.
Are there any medals or prizes to be won?
There will be medals for every finisher and there are plenty of prizes to be won. Prizes for the fastest finishers, top teams, top fundraisers, largest school teams and weird and wackiest dressed. But above all it is about participation, fun and enjoying the scenery of the beautiful Northern Beaches.
What is (not) allowed?
- Sorry, due to a beach start at the 13k event, wheelchairs, bikes, skateboards and dogs are not allowed.
- At the 6k and 3k event wheelchairs, leashed dogs, strollers and prams are allowed, but must start at the ‘back of the pack’.
- Bikes or skateboards are not allowed in any of the events.
Will there be bag drop off?
To assist in reducing touch points, there will be no baggage service available. All participants are encouraged to carry necessary personal items on them.
Will there be water stations?
Yes, there will be water stations along the route at approximately every 3km. However, to assist with Covid-regulations and save the environment, we encourage you to bring your own water bottles, which can also be filled at the water stations.
What happens if the race is cancelled?
The race organisers reserve the right to cancel the event due to rough or dangerous conditions. In the event of cancellation, there will be no refund of entry fee. An alternate date may be looked at to hold the event. A decision will be made ASAP and published via this website and social media.